Monday, December 08, 2008

xenophobia?!
If I have to have a conversation with a guy, I’d rather he is a Chennai born, Chennai bred, Dravidian tamizh guy. Not the loud, misguided, attitude laden men but sensible and balanced guy who thinks like I do. Call it xenophobia at its worst or parochialism, this is reality. For a mellow person like me if it impossible to put up with loud enthusiasm, misguided ambitions, silly eagerness and ignorance that seems to define the culture and socialization patterns in certain o ther parts outside this city. But otherwise I hate Chennai, I hate the weather which is keeping me acne prone for more than a decade now and the infrastructure which makes me feel like deprived third class citizen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharan said...

"If I have to have a conversation with a guy, I’d rather he is a Chennai born, Chennai bred, Dravidian tamizh guy."

rant, rant, oh my, what a rant, machaan!

I am a Chennai born, Chennai bred, Dravidian Tamizh girl. Thank gawd for small mercies!!! :D

12:56 PM  
Blogger laa said...

rant is what I do best!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home